WATER DAMAGE & MOLD
Water damage to your drywall can be much more than just cosmetic, behind the surface it creates an hospital environment to grow mold, with the potential of releasing spores and traveling throughout your home to repopulate in other areas conducive to its growth. It can also be a health hazard for people with asthma, sensitive to mold or immune-compromised.
It is highly recommended to open up any damaged drywall walls or ceilings as soon as possible to remove the compromised materials and treat all framing members with a mold killing product, even if there is no visible mold present and let the framing members dry before closing up the cavity.
In Colorado, mold growth is less proficient when addressed within 3-5 days, due to the low humidity levels on average of 33%, which after, without remediation can begin to grow and will grow rapidly if there is still a wet surface.
Mold Remediation & Treatment
Before Remediation & Treatment
After Remediation & Treatment
This mold was remediated with a chlorine/water based solution, allowed to dry, then encapsulated with oil based Kilz primer.
Mold can grow in un-seemingly places as this mold was discovered after removing the closet shelving, due to a water leak in the ceiling above. This was the second leak in this area and the the shelving was not removed during the previous drywall repair to treat it, or allow time for it to dry.